Musus Umbra's Patches
Herein may be found a collection of patches and mungs that aim to solve problems that I and others have had in the past.
Most of these patches are for problems that I had, and are my solutions to them. Feel free to mail me with any comments, etc.
Follow the links for more info, and to download.
- SMA 1.02 [3K zipfile]
Added 9th May, 1998
- This is a VERY sucky patch for
RISC OS 2.00-3.11 machines that have more than 4Mb of memory.
- Basically it attempts to free up some RMA by loading some
modules into the system sprite area instead.
- NB:THIS PATCH IS INCOMPLETE AND POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS.
- AltV 1.00 [3K zipfile]
Added 6th April, 1998
- This is a tiny module that intercepts Alt+V in order to replace
it with Ctrl-U (eg. to clear a writable icon in the desktop).
- Aparently, Alt+V is easier to type for those with smll
(sic) hands :)
- NoClose 1.02 (updated 2nd Sep 1998)
*Close, etc. from having any effect.
- Doesn't interfere with shutdowns
- Originally written as a more elegant work around to the
unregistered IRClient *close bug
- Provides two commands,
*ForceShut to override itself
- WimpPatch 1.02 (last modified 17th Nov 1997)
- Tries to fix the problem with the new Wimp that makes silly
applications think that they are running on a RiscPC when they aren't
- JPEGPatch 1.00 (last modified 9th Nov 1997)
- Fixes the bug that causes address exceptions if the taskmanager's
next slot is less than 24K.
- Allows full dithering to be disabled for extra speed.
Back to my home page